Leveraging a Foundational Business Discipline
Capability mapping is commonly recognized as a business-oriented foundation for communication and collaboration, issue analysis and resolution, and prioritization and roadmap creation. Capability mapping is not hype and it is not an IT discipline. Rather it is a rapidly growing business practice that establishes a common business vocabulary that enables an organization to articulate an actionable vision, state a clear direction, focus investment priorities, address merger, acquisition, divestiture and outsourcing challenges, and focus technology investments on clearly articulated business demands. To begin leveraging this powerful discipline, attend this half-day workshop. The session will allow you to jumpstart or accelerate the mapping and use of business capabilities for a variety of business initiatives. Half-day workshop topics include:
- Why use capability maps: what every business executive should know
- Establishing a capability mapping team and initiating an analysis effort
- Mapping principles and techniques – building the map
- Heat mapping, prioritization and business-driven road creation
- Aligning capability mapping to business architecture and industry business models
- Packaging, sharing and communicating business capability maps
- Capability-based usage scenarios and case studies
- Selling management, getting started and assessing deployment options
View Part 2 of this Innovation Workshop
INNOVATION WORKSHOPS ON-DEMAND
This presentation was recorded at a Face-to-Face event.
Innovation Workshops give you the opportunity to learn how to evaluate and incorporate the latest state-of-the-art tools and techniques into your specific environment. View up-coming Innovation Workshops at one of our events in Chicago, San Francisco, DC and New York.